Saturday, November 17, 2012

"Week 2": Awesomeness abounds

After you read this post you need to go immediately to the store and buy:
-pretzels
-peanut butter (a small jar is fine)
-chocolate chips (or any kind of chocolate)
-brown sugar
-powdered sugar
-butter

And YOU MUST MAKE THESE CHOCOLATE PRETZELY PEANUT BUTTERY BALLS!

You can thank me later :)

so simple. so yummy. delicious. amazing.
a mood changer really :)
And you can just freeze them and eat them whenever you want...or all in one sitting...that's between you and your skinny jeans. 


I've started eating lunch with small groups of students that want to improve their English outside of class. I really have enjoyed it so far, it's good to be out of the classroom setting. To win their hearts through food, I made these for my first group of students. Unfortunately, I realized later that the ratio of peanut butter to chocolate was waaay off. Hopefully the rumors haven't spread already to not eat anything the lectora gives you haha. Hopefully I can redeem my cooking reputation this week :)

My second batch was fantastic though! Definitely keep them littler then bite size for the perfect combination.


http://make-happy.blogspot.com/2009/10/weekend-treat-chocolate-peanut-butter.html


For my craft this week I bought a cheap, but pretty canvas painting from Andorra2000 (the Walmart of Andorra) and added to it.

This verse has kind of become my theme verse for the year here in Andorra and also in these next steps of life. Mom mentioned it to me at one point in time and it's just stuck with me as being incredibly true and relevant to this year of struggling in the mountains and trying to overcome a year of obstacles at school that can often seem overwhelming and impossible to get through.

It also rings true when I think about my future and wanting to work with some big problems in the world like sex trafficking, human slavery, and other injustices.These are mountains that I, as a tiny person, cannot move on my own. But if I have faith then God will move these mountains through me and nothing will be impossible for me. Not because I have great credentials or "am a Fulbright scholar" ;) , but rather becuase I have faith and a God who invented credentials.  

The verse comes from
Matthew 17:20, "For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a mustard seed you will say to this mountain, 'Be moved from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you"
and Matthew 21: 22, "Whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith." 

It's hanging in my room so it can serve as daily encouragement for my time here. Thanks Mom for such important and relevant wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment