Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week 1, gettin' the party started!

So WEEK ONE of Crafting, Baking, and Walking my way through Andorra!
This week I did double the crafting and baking to make up for not posting last weeks, so I'm calling this "week 1" when really it all happened this week :)

I started off spicing up my week with a new meal called "Loaded Potato Buffalo Chicken Casserole." I was super pumped about it because basically every review on this recipe was some woman elated that they had found their husband's new favorite food and that they would never be satisfied with a different casserole again...or something like that.

And I will admit while I was cooking it my kitchen smelled heavenly. Bacon + spicy, greasy potatoes + shredded chicken is an amazing combination and Bed Bath and Beyond should start to bottle that stuff.
YUM! I know your mouth's watering right now, don't lie


Since I'm here in Andorra I didn't exactly follow the recipe which might be the reason for my less then elated response to this dish. With the absence of hot sauce I mixed Tabasco and ketchup which was a good combination, but my mixing was definitely heavy-handed on the Tabasco. This  casserole was spiiiiicy! (Ty, you would have been thrilled).

I think if I would have had ranch to serve it with the kickin' spicy level would have been just fine, but as it were, I added about a pound of extra cheese to try to cool my mouth. Also, in the land of cheeses it's difficult to find a good ol' Pepper Jack, cheddar cheese blend. Impossible actually where I went shopping. So next time, I definitely would redo the cheese. But keep the bacon, if not add more! You can't go wrong with bacon, right Bill?


Here was the finished product!

Acknowledgement: I am not a food photographer. I am also working with one step up from a disposable camera, so if this food doesn't look appetizing I blame that :)

here's the site for the recipe: http://cooklisacook.blogspot.com/2012/03/loaded-potato-buffalo-chicken-casserole.html



While the casserole was cooking I also put new knobs on some drawers I got from a friend to add a different feel that works with my  apartment more! I guess I can scratch that off as a craft...right? I did feel pretty handy working with a screwdriver haha.


I'm loving this new focus on spending some time doing simple things I love to do. It's been great in renewing my spirit, along with quiet times and cuddles from Shera of course :) 

Hope you've had as productive a week as I have ;) haha

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful updates; really helps to know your hanging in there! Any chance you can find turkey for Thanksgiving? Hope so - Love YOU!!! Dad:)

    ReplyDelete